Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where is Wal-Mart?

     This has been a good, long, regular, slightly frustrating day.  I realize that "good" could have been the only adjective that I used, but it would not have been accurate.  Isn't that like most of our lives at times?  I can certainly recognize that Nick & I have had a good day, but somehow I have let the numerous little frustrations over-shadow the large fact that the report for the day is good. 
     The day started with Nick's doctor telling us to get out of the room and go outside.  That is not the norm.  He had to wear a mask, but we actually walked outside, sat in the breeze, and  he ordered and bought his own food in the food court.  That was a great thing.  He was actually feeling better that he had in months.
     Then two cute physical therapists came to assign him some exercises.  He worked out a bit and got very tired.  All of the patients on the oncology floor are encouraged to walk the circular hallway.  There are posters that detail how many laps around the floor are equivalent to having walked to the Ryman Audtorium, the Opryland Hotel, the zoo, and other city landmarks.  It's a fun way to set exercise goals.  He  moved more today than he has in quite a while.  So, it was nap time.
     I then left  to go to the condo to shower, change, and wash some clothes. I also needed to go to Wal-Mart for various and as-sundered items.  (I am really appreciating the Vann Drive area in good ole Jackson, TN as I remember my day.)  Let's just say that I made quite a tour of our state's capital city simply looking for one of the numerous savings outlets.  I found everything that we needed and returned before the Free Vandy Valet service closed for the day.  That, in itself, was quite a blessing.
     I am realizing as I write this that it has not just been a good day; it's been a great day.  I really have nothing about which to complain.  We are being cared for very well, and God is still God.   Nick is handling this situation with such grace and peace.  However, it seems so easy to let small things outweigh great, big, wonderful things.  You might want to add "clear vision and attitude" to the prayer list.  It is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment