Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 2 of formal protocol

     Good morning!  I'm still so excited that the chemo from last night was so easy!  The nurses here have been absolutely fabulous.  They let us sleep.

     We also have some other great news.  We got the results from the Lumbar Puncture yesterday, and there are no leukemia cells in the Cerebral Spinal Fluid.  This is important because the brain and spinal chord are kind of a closed off environment from the rest of the body.  The mutated leukemia cells could have gotten in there, but they didn't.  So, that is one less area of concern during his treatment.  They will probably do other lumbar punctures along the line, but this is really good news.

     I have had some people ask about an address for sending cards.  Here it is:

     Nicholas A. Taylor
     Vanderbilt Medical Center
     Rm#  VUH8223
     Nashville, TN 37232

     Provision for the Day:  This may sound really strange to some of you, but God speaks to people in so very many different ways.  When Nick was a toddler I asked him one day, "How much do you love me?"  He spread his arms out wide and said the biggest number that he could imagine.  "I love you 44 Mom."  So, since then  44 has been a special number to me.  Periodically I will see the number and it makes me remember that I am loved.  This number has come up over and over and over again since we have begun this saga.  Of course, it means the same thing to Nick as it does to me.  I signed up for skype before we left to come to Nashville.  The screen name that I was assigned randomly was Lori.Taylor44.  No less than 5 times yesterday I randomly checked the time and it was 1:44, 3:44, 4:44....etc.

     People who love one another have special ways of communicating with one another.  Listen and watch for your Heavenly Father to send you little love notes today.  Just because you haven't noticed, does not mean that He hasn't been sending them.  44 to all of you!  It is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment