Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Will Never Waver, Slip, Shake, or Fall Away From Him.

     We have had a couple of good days.  I think that I am beginning to realize that symptoms and difficulties come in fairly predictable patterns.  Hopefully, we are accurately noting, as disconcerting events befall us, that we have experienced this particular thing before, and it too shall pass.  Yesterday afternoon Nick seemed as close to normal as I had seen him in a while.  He walked and climbed the stairs easily.  He laughed and played a computer game.  Let me just say...this did a Mom's heart good.

Megan and Nick just left for Vandy.   A day to myself will be nice.  Today is the day that he gets the specific chemo that caused the clotting problems the last time.  It's no big deal to receive the chemo, but I would appreciate prayer cover so that it would not ravage his clotting system like before.  It just needs to get to work and target those rogue white cells that are behaving badly!  Any side effects that don't get slammed by the prayer cover  would not show up until next week.

Perspective is such a huge factor in all of life.  Psalm 30:5 came to mind as I pondered this morning:  "For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."  I used the King James version because it coincides with the Hebrew concordance that I use.  I looked this scripture up because I remembered the part about weeping and joy coming.  However, I don't know that I had even noticed the part that said, "in His favour is life."  The word that is translated "favour" literally means "delight."  The root word of "delight" means "to be pleased with; specifically to satisfy a debt; to be acceptable."

I did lots of scripture digging this morning.  So, I'll just share with you what I dug out of Psalm 30:1-6.  It's my perspective for the day.

Psalm 30:1-6 (Lori Taylor Scripture Digging version)

1 I will praise you Lord.  You have lifted me away from danger, and not let any haters find joy in my situation.
2 O Lord, my God.  I shouted to You because of my lack of freedom, and you showed up, not only as the Great Physician, but you mended and cured me in every way possible.
3 O Lord, you brought up the very essence of who I am from the pit of hell, and You have kept me alive, revived, and repaired so that I will not go back to that prison.
4 Sing praises to the Lord everyone.  Give thanks every time you remember how clean and Holy that He really is.
5 If He gets angry it only lasts for the blink of an eye.  When I delight in Him and He delights in me - I am alive, fresh, strong, repaired, and nourished.  There will be times of sadness and trouble, but they will be followed quickly by joy...just as assuredly as the morning follows the night.
6 And in my security in the faithfulness of God I said, I will never waver, slip, shake, or fall away from Him.


Given the above, how can it not be well?  It is well.













No comments:

Post a Comment